Sometimes I feel like I waste time. Like, every day… I was thinking that maybe I should make some goals for myself so I have more direction and spend my time wisely.
1) Stay off Facebook. This is more of an action for my goal of not wasting time… But I feel it needs its own line. Probably 50% of my time online is spent on Facebook. Just scrolling through my newsfeed… So, I’m cutting myself off. I’m not going to close my account because I still want to check in on my far away family. I’m going to start with only visiting Facebook once a week. See you next Monday, Facebook!
2) Blog more. That’s pretty general, but I would really like this to happen. I had made a goal of once a week. As you can see, that hasn’t happened. 😛 Hopefully, my not wasting time goal will fix that.
3) Get outside. Fall and winter, here, are really not great seasons to be outside. It will be raining a lot more and I can’t say I’m a fan of being rained on. However, I would like to get outside any time the sun is out. It’s good for my health (vitamin D and all that…) and Vera begs me to go outside all the time.
4) Do something crafty. I haven’t really worked on anything creative in a while. My sewing machine table has gotten piled up with random stuff… I actually have some projects I want to do but I need to make some space. I actually have been halfheartedly working on de-cluttering. I also have a date with a friend of mine to make some shelves this weekend. So, I’m already doing well with this goal 😀
5) Read more. I haven’t read many books lately that interest me. I’ve read plenty of children’s books…
I’m joining moneysavingmom.com for an online book club of sorts. She’s picked a book called “Simply Tuesday”. The description sounds pretty good, so I’m excited to start that.
I’m going to print this out and tape it to my computer. Then, any time I feel “bored” I can look at my list of things I really would like to be doing and feel a lot more accomplished than if I had chose Facebook.
I’m sure I can come up with more things I would like to spend time on, but this is a good starting point.